A feature that Samsung have introduced in recent models is wireless PowerShare. Essentially, this is the ability to charge other devices, with QI wireless charging capacity, through your phone.
This feature was introduced on the Samsung Galaxy S10 range and has been included in many of the higher spec phones since (see full list below). With many devices and accessories now having wireless charging capabilities, having the ability to instantly turn your phone into a wireless charger is a game changer.
No more stressing if you misplaced your charger, or even if your mates iPhone is running low on power. Now you can just connect the two together and start sharing some of the power saved in the huge batteries built into these powerful Samsung phones.
Follow the steps below to find out how to access this amazing feature:
1. Swipe down from the top of your screen and tap to access all of your quick access settings. Tap 'Wireless PowerShare' in order to begin the process of connecting your devices together.
2. Following your selection of this setting, it should come up with a Wireless PowerShare screen with the message "Ready to Charge". This indicates that your Samsung phone is ready to connect to your other device you wish to charge wirelessly.
3. b With this done, all you need to do now is place your Samsung smartphone back-to-back with the device you wish to charge. This allows the two charging coils to align with one another, forming a connection. If you are having trouble finding the right spot, you may need to fiddle around to get them aligned and find the best angle depending on the surface your devices are resting on and any accessories you may have connected to them.
4. Once the two coils are aligned correctly, the Wireless PowerSharing screen will briefly display a 'Charging' message before closing. You should also see an indication of charging on the device that is connected.
5. Once charging, you can leave the devices connected for as long as you wish. When you are satisfied with the level of charge on both devices, simply separate the devices again. The Wireless PowerSharing screen should reappear which you can then simply press cancel to turn off this feature until you next need it.
This is a simple and easy process to charge other devices wirelessly. You can also be charging your Samsung smartphone at the same time as having another device PowerSharing from it, allowing you to not completely drain your own battery. Wireless PowerSharing is truely a feature that you won't turn back from using once you discover it. Take a look below to see if your phone is compatible!
Samsung Wireless PowerShare Available now on:
Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 Ultra
Here at DeXTech, we are here to help you with your technology requirements. We stock a wide range of Apple products, from the iPhone 4s all the way through to the iPhone XS, plus the iPad range. Along with this, we carry a huge range of Android smartphones and tablets, including Samsung, Pixel and LG. With these devices on hand we are able to offer technical support every step of the way from assisting to get your device setup to dealing with issues such as network issues or software troubleshooting. We have a helpful team who can lend a hand via our tech support email address: email@example.com. Do not hesitate to reach out!