Warranty & Returns
We like to keep things simple for both you and us.
Easy To Read Version:
Essentially, all of our products come with a Repair or Replace Warranty. If any product you purchased from DeXTech doesn't meet the quality standard, we'll be more than happy to sort this out for you.
Our Warranties are serviced on a Standard Return-To-Base (RTB) Basis. This means should you unfortunately find fault in your product, simply send it back to us and we'll arrange the Warranty Service Job.
Please note change of mind returns incur a $45 restocking and administration fee, so please choose carefully. Change of mind refunds can be processed within 1 month of the purchase date.
The Small Print Version:
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) as well as other laws in the jurisdiction guarantee certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of DeXTech Ltd products sold in New Zealand.
For products sold in New Zealand, these guarantees cannot be modified nor excluded by any contract, except in those circumstances contemplated by section 43 (2) of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality. You are also entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the goods. What constitutes a major failure is an objective test of reasonableness and is not an individual consumer’s point of view, where the purpose of the product cannot be regained by repair or replacement.
Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act and other laws. This Warranty gives you additional protection for goods purchased from DeXTech Ltd, and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties, subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions below.
Coverage and Application
- A. DeXTech Ltd NZ warrants that your DeXTech product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
- B. For the purpose of this Warranty, a "DeXTech product" is a hardware product which:
- was produced or sold on behalf of DeXTech ; and
- is used under normal conditions of use ; and
- was purchased on DeXTech's Online Store (www.dextech.co.nz) or by purchased from an Authorised Reseller or Distributor of DeXTech products; and
- was purchased in New Zealand, OR has been exclusively in use in the country in which it was sold in.
- A. The period in which the Warranty is valid for is specific to each product, 30 Days UNLESS otherwise stated, or where an extended warranty has been purchased along with the Original Product.
- A. If you consider that the DeXTech product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under New Zealand Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- B. Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your DeXTech product, warranty service will only be provided within New Zealand, or if the DeXTech product has been in use exclusively in the country it was originally purchased in. For example a DeXTech product purchased in Malaysia can only be claimed under Warranty in Malaysia. Where products have been used in different countries, products may still be eligible for Manufacturer Warranties. In which case, DeXTech will help in this process.
- A. This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a product purchased from DeXTech, should the product come under sale. This is only under the conditions that the subsequent owner has proof of purchaser from the original purchaser of the product, and normal warranty conditions apply.
- B. In cases of authorised product or part replacement of the original purchased DeXTech product, the replacement DeXTech product or part will be covered for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
- A. If you wish to make a claim in relation to a DeXTech product, please send that DeXTech product to the nearest DeXTech Centre or authorised service centre for assessment, the cost of which will be borne by DeXTech if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to this Warranty. Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. DeXTech will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- B. If you believe that it is not reasonable for you to send the DeXTech product to DeXTech or an authorised repair service centre, DeXTech will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the DeXTech product the subject of the claim under this Warranty. Liaison is done on a goodwill basis by DeXTech, please contact us in these cases as soon as possible.
- A. This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- B. For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (as applicable) and which are not expressly included in this Warranty as additional warranties or conditions are excluded.
- C. This Warranty does not extend to loss caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression, subject to paragraph D below), theft, vermin or insect infestation.
- D. This Warranty does not cover water damage to any IP67 rated Mobile Phones where the water damage was caused by:
- improper closure of the back cover of the Mobile Phone in question; or
- use of a non Official accessory cover; or
- submersion of the IP67 Rated Mobile Phone in question; or
- the Mobile Phone is used in conditions where not considered within it's Waterproof or Water Resistant Rating.
- E. This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- misuse or abusive use of the DeXTech product, including physical abuse;
- incorrect operation or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer's instructions provided with the DeXTech product);
- improper installation;
- incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the DeXTech product;
- failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product;
- incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond DeXTech's and sometime the purchaser's control;
- exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness;
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- use of non authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- repair, modification or other work carried out on the DeXTech product OTHER than work authorised by DeXTech; and
- any damage caused by sim cards where the product is not specifically designed to accept them.
- F. This Warranty does not cover DeXTech products purchased in an auction or a similar market situation.
- G. If the DeXTech product has been rented, leased or sold by you, these situations should be liaised with DeXTech.
- H. This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear.
- I. To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty does not cover DeXTech products which, at the time you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, do not bear the original manufacturer’s factory-applied serial number and/or IMEI number in its original form (for instance where the sticker or printing bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- J. This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data howsoever caused. You shall be responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. Please note that the repair of goods may result in loss of data.
- K. This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to DeXTech within the Warranty Period, however, you may also have statutory rights outside of the Warranty Period.
- L. This Warranty is void should the product purchased have been meddled with, dismantled or disassembled in any way by the purchaser or a third party.
Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty
- A. This part of the Warranty identifies DeXTech's preferred approach to resolving warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.
- B. The table below this sub-paragraph identifies the periods under which a claim may be made under this Warranty for replacement of a part or accessory. However, you may also have statutory rights outside of these periods. The parts and accessories are divided into those which are supplied within the box of the DeXTech product for which they are to be used (In-Box), and those which are supplied separately from a Samsung product for use with it (Out-Box).
- 1. In-Box:
- All DeXTech parts and accessories (including batteries) purchased together with the DeXTech product are covered under this Warranty for the period specified in the table below. Generally, DeXTech will replace the defective part or accessory which is the subject of the claim during this period.
- You will only be able to make a claim under this Warranty for lost or missing DeXTech parts and accessories if, with your claim, you are able to provide satisfactory evidence that the relevant item was missing from the box or other storage or packaging material originally supplied by DeXTech.
- 2. Out-Box:
- Parts and accessories purchased from DeXTech or Authorised DeXTech Resellers and Distributors are generally covered under this Warranty.
Warranty Information updated 1 December 2018